Technical

How To Increase Efficiency, Reduce Maintenance, And Improve IAQ With UV

August 20, 2005
Mold spores are encountered everywhere. When they find the right environment, they'll multiply to the point of affecting HVAC performance and possibly occupant health. But there is a cost- and energy-efficient way to eliminate mold growth in HVAC systems - ultraviolet (UV) germicidal lamps.
Read More

Motor Tips: Overload And Speed Change

August 7, 2005
This article provides tips on how to tell when a motor is overloaded and what can be done with a new replacement direct-drive fan or blower motor when little or no speed change can be detected from one connection to the next.
Read More

Minimizing System Effect

July 22, 2005
System effect is the negative impact on fan performance that results when the fan is connected to a duct system. This article explains system effect, what causes it, and how to overcome it.
Read More

System Pumping Efficiency More Important Than Pump Efficiency

July 9, 2005
It is an accepted fact that pumps are oversized for almost all industrial and commercial installations. The tips here illustrate simple circuit flow analysis techniques to establish methods for flow balance in existing buildings and permit a considerable reduction in pump power requirements.
Read More

Specifying Adjustable Frequency Drives For Electromagnetic Compatibility

June 25, 2005
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the ability of electrical/electronic equipment to operate in its installation environment while neither causing nor experiencing electromagnetic interference (EMI). Here is a review of EMC standards and recommendations for drives specifiers.
Read More

Energy Efficiency: The Real Thing

June 12, 2005
The Alliance to Save Energy's recent "Great Energy Efficiency Debate" in Washington included a lone HVAC representative - James Wolf of Trane. Wolf agreed to talk with The News about his panel's discussion and comment further on the issues raised.
Read More

Electrical Safety

May 27, 2005
You use electricity every day of your life, so it is easy to take it for granted. Yet electricity is a major cause of injury on the job. This article provides tips on how to work on electrical equipment safely, avoid accidents, and avoid damage to equipment.
Read More

Pentagon Activates Solar A/C, Heating, Lighting, Power System

May 14, 2005
The solar heating, air conditioning, power, and lighting system installed at the guard station of the Pentagon Heating and Refrigeration Plant is one of the most advanced solar energy systems in the U.S. Despite its modest appearance, the system incorporates 12 advanced features.
Read More

Profiting With Modern Digital Gauges

April 30, 2005
As an owner-operator, my tools are essential to my work; they can be either a solid contributor or a cause of headaches. On a typical workday, my digital analyzer saves me work time, callbacks, and helps me keep my customers happy.
Read More

Refrigerant Rule Provides Direction For Managing Leak Repairs

April 15, 2005
With the recent changes in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) 13-year-old refrigerant regulations, organizations must now really look at how they manage and account for refrigerants because EPA enforcement is now a black and white issue.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 MCAA Annual Convention

Scenes from the 2014 MCAA Annual Convention in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Podcasts

NEWSmakers: Julian Scadden

Training is an ongoing process. Julian will discuss how you can generate maximum return on time and energy invested training by following a three part process. Listen to this podcast to get expert tips on training, tracking and follow up. 

More Podcasts

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 04-21-14 cover

2014 April 21

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

SERVICE CALLS POLL

Which statement on service calls best applies to your business?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image

Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con