- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
“Important new employee protection directives make it mandatory for workers to receive the information in those handouts,” said Benjamin W. Mangan, president of MANCOMM. “But, there’s no requirement that says workers must receive reams of paper.”
MANCOMM said its compliance experts have condensed, rewritten for clarity, compiled, and re-designed the information in those OSHA-required handouts so it now fits into a concise 16-page booklet called Introduction to OSHA. Handouts covered by the booklet include:
1. How to Read the OSHA Standards: multiple handouts to cover General Industry, Construction, and Maritime Industry.
2. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) example.
3. Weekly Fatality/Catastrophe Report.
4. OSHA 300 Log example.
5. OSHA poster on Worker Rights.
6. Your Rights as a Whistleblower fact sheet.
7. Refusing to Work Because Conditions are Dangerous handout.
8. Employers Must Provide and Pay for PPE handout.
9. Identifying Safety and Health Problems in the Workplace handout.
10. Filing an OSHA Complaint handout, including form: multiple handouts to cover General Industry, Construction, and Maritime Industry.
11. Navigating the OSHA Website handout.
12. Safety and Health Resources handout.
“We want to make life easier for our customers by simplifying the training process,” Mangan said. “Now safety trainers can rest easy, knowing that when they hand out these booklets, each trainee will have all the new additional information as mandated by OSHA.”
MANCOMM is offering the 16-page Introduction to OSHA booklet for $2.95 apiece. To order, go to www.mancomm.com/Products/Introduction-to-OSHA__36T-105-01.aspx.
For more information on MANCOMM, visit www.mancomm.com.
Publication date: 11/08/2010