- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
Citing a need to stem the declining HVACR workforce and an increased demand for skilled technicians, the council adopted seven strategies to meet the problem head-on.
1. Proactive industry leaders and spokespersons.
2. Begin with the end in mind — industry-based certification.
3. First things first — kick-start HVAC Excellence certification in schools, colleges.
4. Win/win — work-related learning attracts young talent.
5. Seek first to understand — the skill gap hurts everyone.
6. We get a certain synergy through partnering.
7. “Sharpen the saw” — Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP) projects.
For more information, contact Chris Weaver, executive director of the Louisiana Workforce Commission, at 225-342-2462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 07/21/2003