- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), entitled Innovation Ecosystem Development Initiative, seeks applications proposing approaches to accelerate the commercialization of clean energy technologies developed at universities. Applications should propose a strategy and describe a specific implementation plan.
An “innovation ecosystem” may include:
• The network of leaders, service providers, and entrepreneurs who are expected to participate.
• Connections to sources of capital (angel networks, venture community, and other financial institutions).
• Strategies for mentoring and training future entrepreneurs.
• Programs that would encourage and train researchers to start up small and innovative businesses.
• Other sources of funding that can leverage the federal investment.
• The composition of a board of advisors or evaluation panel.
• An explanation of how federal funds will be leveraged with non-federal funds.
A total of up to $2.1 million is available for this program, and DOE expects to make two awards. Annual grants per awardee will not exceed $350,000 for a term of three years.
Applicants may include, but are not limited to, universities, national laboratories, private research institutions, trade organizations, entrepreneurs, venture capital firms, and clean-tech investors.
To apply or request further information regarding the announcement, the FOA can be viewed at http://www.grants.gov/search/search.do;jsessionid=sQl1L2rLn51311MMdCmtv1Y52vsxDgG9BGFmnmCNcjSYncPYNJrL!229180323?oppId=54726&mode=VIEW. Applications are due July 9, 2010.
Publication date: 06/14/2010