April 20, 2012: Onset Announces Course on Assessing Building Energy Efficiency
The two-hour online course will be presented by Don Kasper, an expert in commercial building auditing and senior mechanical engineer with Steven Winter Associates Inc. Participants will gain a better understanding of how a commercial building operates and how energy efficiency can be increased through implementation of energy conservation measures. The course will cover:
• Understanding how well a building performs using utility bill analysis and benchmarking tools.
• Selecting data loggers to assess a building’s performance and verify energy use patterns.
• Common energy conservation measures for commercial buildings.
• Real-world case studies of successful energy efficiency projects.
• Relevant standards and rating systems, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Two Green Building Certificate Institute (GBCI) continuing education hours will be awarded upon completion of the course. In addition, the first 50 registrants will receive from Onset a free HOBO® U10-003 Temp/RH data logger and HOBOware® Lite graphing and analysis software.
To register, visit https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/932839970.
Publication date: 04/16/2012