Boilers & Hydronics

My First Online Teaching Experience

I Often Find Myself Talking to My Computer
By John Siegenthaler, PE
No Comments

Last fall, I taught my first online course dealing with designing hydronic heating systems. The course was titled “Mastering Hydronic System Design.” It was a collaborative effort between HeatSpring Learning Institute, BNP Media’s CE Campus, and myself.

Read More

Facts + Figures: Air-Source Heat Pump Shipments Up Nearly 28 Percent in February

No Comments

Industry figures are estimates that are derived from the best available figures supplied by a sample of AHRI member companies.  

Read More

Aerco Intl.: Boilers and Water Heaters

No Comments

The AM Series of boilers and water heaters features an advanced, high-efficiency condensing hydronic technology that produces installation, operating, and lifetime cost advantages to systems operating from 399,000-1 million Btuh. 

Read More

Communication is a Contractor’s Best Tool

Don’t Be Afraid to Share the Ins and Outs of a New Wet Heat System
By Tom Tuohy
No Comments

The moral of the story is to do the complete job, from the start. This means explaining to the homeowner ahead of time what you are going to do and the potential problems that could arise after the installation is complete. 

Read More

When I’m 64: Knowledge is the Greatest Gift

Knowledge is the Greatest Gift You Can Give
By Dan Holohan
No Comments

I turned 64 in January, and if I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. 

Read More

Facts + Figures: Air-Source Heat Pump Shipments Up Nearly 28 Percent in January

No Comments

Industry figures are estimates that are derived from the best available figures supplied by a sample of AHRI member companies.

Read More

Contrasting Rules of Thumb, Calculations

Using Accurate Numbers is the Professional Thing to Do
By John Siegenthaler, PE
No Comments

If you’re using a calculator, spreadsheet, or other computational tool, you should use the most accurate numbers possible. It’s just part of being a professional.

Read More

Modine Mfg. Co.: Hydronic Unit Heater

No Comments

The Hot Dawg H2O is an extension of the gas/propane Hot Dawg line. It has no moving external parts, making it a perfect fit for places like a garage or warehouse, the manufacturer said.

Read More

Laars Heating Systems Co., a subsidiary of Bradford White Corp.: Boilers, Volume Water Heaters

No Comments

Offering a 5:1 turndown, the MagnaTherm boiler or volume water heater with Advanced VARI-PRIME™ Boiler Pump Control seamlessly matches boiler firing rate to pump flow, reducing boiler pumping costs. 

Read More

HVAC Equipment Shipments Spike in 2013

AHRI Year-to-Year Data Supports Industry Momentum, Positive Economic Outlook
No Comments

The numbers support the growing consensus in the industry that things are definitely improving. 

Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 Energy Efficiency Forum

Highlights from the 25th annual Energy Efficiency Forum in Washington, D.C.

Podcasts

NEWSMakers: Mark Satterfield

Mark Satterfield, founder and CEO of Gentle Rain Marketing Inc. and author of “The One Week Marketing Plan” talks about his book and the importance of HVAC blogging. Posted on Sept. 19.

More Podcasts

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 09-15-14 cover

2014 September 15

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Venting R-22

The NEWS reported that a man received prison time for venting R-22. Should EPA step up enforcement?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image

Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con