- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
According to RMC, the program certifies and recognizes products and services that are environmentally preferable. It develops and promotes higher standards of environmental performance against which products and services can be assessed.
The four main requirements for a product or service to be certified are:
1. The product or service must be manufactured or operated in an environmentally responsible, eco-efficient manner.
2. The effect of the product or service on the environment while in use and after must be minimal.
3. The company producing or offering the product or service must have certain quality assurance elements in place.
4. The product or service must meet performance standards (for example, it performs as claimed).
Publication date: 09/12/2005