- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
As the industry searches for alternatives that have low global-warming potential, natural refrigerants are gaining greater interest. These refrigerants offer the potential to improve the environmental performance of refrigeration systems, according to ASHRAE.
“In light of the current global scenario, ASHRAE’s response to the demand for environmental sustainability is to promote the development of systems that use natural refrigerants, safely, economically, and efficiently,” said Bill Harrison, ASHRAE president.
With this position document, ASHRAE said it demonstrates its commitment to:
• the application of natural refrigerants.
• the development of strategic relationships to advance natural refrigerants.
• the consideration of natural refrigerants in existing and new guidelines, codes, and standards.
• the provision of guidance and education to policy makers and the public.
• the creation and dissemination of methods and tools for environmental assessment of refrigeration systems.
• the publication of technical information highlighting best practices from a safety, reliability, and efficiency standpoint.
• the promotion of authoritative information on natural refrigerants through seminars and publications.
Publication date: 03/09/2009