- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
• Identify opportunities for shared operation services.
• Identify opportunities to collaborate on product development, and to give presentations at each other’s conferences.
• Where mutually beneficial, jointly promote educational programs to members and jointly identify, create, and identify new products and services.
• Encourage continuing dialogue between ASHRAE and BOMA at national, regional, and local levels on issues of importance to engineers and building professionals.
• Encourage collaborative and cooperative activities to promote continuing professional development.
• BOMA and ASHRAE commit to support each other and fully participate in standards development areas, initially centering around ASHRAE standards 62.1, 90.1, 180P, and 189.1P working within the ANSI consensus standards development process.
“We are pleased to collaborate with ASHRAE and work toward our shared goal of promoting superior building performance,” said BOMA International Chairman and Chief Elected Officer Brenna S. Walraven, RPA, CPM, executive managing director, national property management, USAA Real Estate Company. “ASHRAE and BOMA are on the forefront of developing standards that significantly impact building owners and managers, and we look forward to working more closely with them on these matters.”
“BOMA and ASHRAE share many of the same objectives and we are excited to strengthen our relationship,” said ASHRAE President Kent Peterson, P.E., vice president and chief engineer of P2S Engineering. “We are all working toward optimal performance of both new and existing buildings and this partnership will be beneficial for both ASHRAE and BOMA members.”
For more information on ASHRAE, visit www.ashrae.org. For more information on BOMA, visit www.boma.org.
Publication date: 02/18/2008