- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
Developed for Apple’s iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, the ASHRAE DFDB app allows users to perform pressure loss calculations for more than 200 HVAC duct fittings in both IP and SI units.
This new application ensures that engineers in the field have instant access to the most accurate information without having to return to their office to perform calculations. The mobile app features dynamic illustrations of each design and allows for easy use on the job to do quick duct pressure loss calculations. The inputs can be adjusted by touch and installation is automatic.
Other features of the DFDB app include:
• Users can create individual projects, each with unique input values and results.
• Each fitting has its own custom set of input parameters and results.
• Users can easily change the minimum and maximum allowable values for all input parameters. And
• Users can display and e-mail two types of reports, which include a spreadsheet attachment that can be opened on a desktop computer to do further analysis.
The DFDB app can be purchased through Apple’s online iPhone App Store. The initial release of the ASHRAE DFDB app includes supply and common round fittings only, though subsequent versions, including all of the remaining fittings, will be released monthly. Those who purchase the app now will receive these updates as free upgrades.
This app was developed for ASHRAE by Carmel Software Corp.
Publication date: 02/14/2011