- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The company announced a new, extensive online library of 3-D BIM content files in Autodesk® Revit® 2010. A total of 113 Revit families and 5,252 types have been created for the following HVAC product lines:
• Pumps: VSX, Series 1510, 1531, 80, 80-SC, 60, and 90.
• Pump accessories: Suction diffusers and triple duty valves.
• Engineered specialties: Rolairtrols and B&D expansion tanks.
• U-tube heat exchangers.
Bell & Gossett said it contracted with CADworks®, one of two certified Autodesk Content Network providers in the world, to transform its HVAC product drawing files into Revit families. These are the parametric components that serve as the basis for all designs. Users can select the files directly in Autodesk Revit with a one-time download of the Bell & Gossett content module online, and picking the appropriate models from the content library.
Benefits of the Bell & Gossett Revit content include:
• Access to integrated content in Autodesk Revit, eliminating the need to search and download files from external Websites.
• Fully certified content created by CADworks and approved by Bell & Gossett.
• The content was created in the latest Revit version (2010), and will be automatically upgraded to future generations, requiring no user patch downloads, the company said. Changes to designs are automatically updated across the entire project and are easy to track; there is no need to re-enter information.
• Multiple simultaneous design alternatives are allowed within projects.
• Flexibility and control over visualization of projects.
“This new Building Information Modeling drawing library will be very beneficial for mechanical system designers at architects, engineers, contractors, fabricators, building owners,” said Mark Handzel, director of Building Services, Americas, at ITT Residential & Commercial Water. “The online design will eliminate the need for downloading extensive libraries of drawings and ensure that all drawings are 100 percent accurate.”
The company said it also eliminates the need for searching and downloading from external sites.
For more information, visit www.bellgossett.com. For the one-time downloads, visit www.cadworks.net/bellgossett.
Publication date: 03/22/2010