- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
This symposium is intended to provide a forum to discuss the state-of-the art research and development activities on the measurement of heat-air-moisture transport properties of building materials and its application in the construction industry. Papers are invited on the following topics:
• Current research activities on the heat-air-moisture transport measurement for building materials and systems;
• Scope and need to develop new standards or review existing standards.
• Standard development activities at the national and international level.
• Application of modeling tool for moisture and thermal design of sustainable building envelopes.
To participate in the symposium, presenters/authors must submit the online abstract submittal form and attach a 250-300 word preliminary abstract by Jan. 18, 2008. The abstract must include a clear definition of the objective and approach of the work discussed - pointing out material that is new - and present sufficient details regarding results.
The presentation and manuscript must not be of a commercial nature nor can it have been previously published. The symposium co-chairs, Phalguni Mukhopadhyaya, Ph.D., and Mavinkal K. Kumaran, Ph.D., will notify participants by March 18, 2008, of the paper’s acceptability for presentation at the symposium. If the preliminary abstract is accepted, the presenter/author will be requested to submit a final camera-ready abstract several months before the symposium. The final abstracts will be distributed in a booklet at the symposium.
For more information, visit www.astm.org.
Publication date: 10/08/2007