Reps. Kevin McCarthy (Republican House Minority Leader, 23rd District of California), Guy Reschenthaler (14th District of Pennsylvania), and many other supporting House Republicans hosted an event at DMI company Ductmate’s Monongahela, PA, facility on September 23, 2022.
They unveiled their upcoming plans to the nation and the local community in attendance that they are calling their “Commitment to America.” The plan focuses on four goals for America:
- An economy that's strong.
- A nation that's safe.
- A future that's built on freedom.
- A government that's accountable.
In a talk with Fox News Host Lawrence Jones, McCarthy promises to “repeal” 80,000 new IRS agents if they take back Congress in November.
"We work for you, you don't work for us," he says, adding with these four goals, he wants America to hold his party’s feet to the fire and create contrast with the ruling party.
Under McCarthy’s leadership, seven working groups have spent the last year looking in detail at a range of possible solutions to bring the goals into fruition. They have come up with more than 150 reforms.
“I participated in the last two major efforts to pledge policy changes to the American people (with then-candidate Ronald Reagan on Sept. 15, 1980, and with the House Republicans on Sept. 27, 1994),” Newt Gingrich writes on Foxnews.com. “The Commitment to America is even broader and builds upon our earlier efforts.”
Unlike prior efforts, and reflecting a recent movement in the GOP away from the power center of Washington DC, or “the swamp,” the Republicans made the announcement on the floor of an HVAC factory in Pennsylvania.
“House Republicans are committed to fixing the supply chain and ending dependence on China. They will move supply chains away from China, expand U.S. manufacturing, and enhance America’s economic competitiveness and cyber-resiliency,” Gingrich writes.
Here’s a list of some of the policies included in the “Commitment to America,” which Republicans will be campaigning on as the midterm elections approach.
- Finish the wall and deploy technology to the border.
- Fully reinstate the "Remain in Mexico" policy.
- Make America energy independent.
- Creating a Parent’s Bill of Rights, allowing parents the right to know what teachers are teaching their children.
- Crack down on prosecutors and district attorneys who refuse to prosecute crimes by withholding federal funding.
- Make illicit fentanyl illegal in all its forms.
- Eliminating wasteful government spending that’s driving inflation.
- Continuing proven pro-growth tax policies that increase take-home pay and reduce the cost of living.
- Reconnecting workers to jobs and ending incentives that enable people to earn more by staying home rather than going to work.
Report Abusive Comment