- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
This number brings the total number of converted or replaced chillers from 2,875 (2008) to 3,135 and the rate of conversion/replacements from 52.4 percent (2008) to 57.1 percent.
The HRAI study, titled “Determining a Baseline Number of CFC Chillers in Canada,” was first published in July 2000. The purpose of the program is to provide an ongoing estimate of the number of chillers in Canada that continue to operate on CFC refrigerants and track the annual rate of conversions and replacements of this chiller stock in future years.
The updated estimates of remaining Canadian CFC chiller stock based on the year 2009 numbers submitted are as follows:
• Total conversions and replacements to date: 3,135
• Estimated remaining CFC chiller stock in Canada: 2,351
• Percentage of baseline stock converted or replaced (3,135/5,486): 57.1 percent
For more information, visit www.hrai.ca.
Publication date: 08/23/2010