- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The 2005 ICP residential warranty changes will:
1. Increase the compressor warranty on entry 12 SEER split air conditioners and heat pumps from five to 10 years.
2. Increase the heat exchanger warranty on mainline 12 SEER package gas/electric units from 10 to 25 years.
3. Add a "no-hassle" replacement warranty on key products (see explanation below):
If the heat exchanger or the compressor fails within five years from the installation date, then ICP will provide a replacement outdoor unit at no charge. (Consumers will be advised: "Some installation charges may apply. See your dealer for details. Some restrictions apply; see warranty certificate for details.") To meet eligibility requirements, products must be installed on or after Jan. 1, 2005, and must be residential installations only - no commercial applications are eligible. Eligible products are:
4. Add a one-year labor bonus on key products.
The homeowner will contact the installing dealer for no heat or air service. If the dealer determines that the eligible unit has failed due to heat exchanger or compressor failure, then the dealer must contact the distributor for Technical Service Advisor (TSA) approval of a replacement unit.
The dealer will then obtain a comparable outdoor model and size unit from his local distributor at no charge.
Publication date: 01/17/2005