- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
“The new Autodesk Fabrication tools reflect our commitment to provide downstream project solutions to extend the benefits of a BIM workflow for the MEP engineering, contractor, and construction markets — to help them reduce inefficiencies, lower costs, and improve collaboration,” said Nicolas Mangon, senior director, AEC strategy and marketing, Autodesk. “These new tools will help today’s MEP professionals meet the increasing demand from their clients to support a BIM workflow. The Autodesk Fabrication family of products provides the tools today’s MEP contractors and engineers need to support a building systems project moving from design into detailing, fabrication, and installation.”
Autodesk Fabrication software for MEP contractors and engineers includes:
• Autodesk Fabrication FABmep 2013 — Helps users fulfill detailing and fabrication requirements in a BIM based process with Autodesk Revit software for MEP engineers. Extends Autodesk Revit design models to Fabrication FABmep to continue a BIM workflow from design to detailing and fabrication.
• Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2013 — Helps users fulfill detailing and fabrication requirements for an AutoCAD-based workflow. Fabrication CADmep allows users to design and detail in a familiar AutoCAD environment.
• Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2013 — A tool to help produce more accurate estimates and cost analysis of building services projects.
• Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2013 — Helps users control the production of ductwork components for a project through its interfaces and comprehensive parametric component libraries.
• Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct Components 2013 — An application that provides additional stations to perform job entry and help speed production throughput.
• Autodesk Fabrication Tracker 2013 — Supports project management through the ability to help track the status of individual projects and their associated items from fabrication to installation.
• Autodesk Fabrication RemoteEntry 2013 — Helps users quickly address unanticipated job site changes by enabling users to remotely order components based on project specifications directly from the fabrication site.
To help support stakeholder buy-in by enabling any member of an extended team to visualize and walk through building services models created with Autodesk Fabrication software, the new line of tools also includes a free viewer, Autodesk Fabrication Review 2013, which can be downloaded from the Autodesk website.
For more information, visit www.autodesk.com/fabrication-howtobuy.
Publication date: 6/18/2012