- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
Autodesk’s BIM offering is part of its Autodesk 360 solutions, which provide flexible, easy to use, and affordable solutions developed to streamline product and project business processes, said the company. The solutions are said to be capable of scaling from individual users connecting to a regional office, up to larger teams working on projects across continents.
“Today’s AEC projects are often hindered by widely dispersed teams relying on inefficient communications and collaboration services,” said Jim Lynch, vice president, Architecture, Engineering and Construction Solutions, Autodesk. “Autodesk 360 for BIM is a powerful and comprehensive set of cloud-based and on-premise tools that can have project teams up and running with collaboration and data management in a matter of days. It represents a significant step toward enabling a BIM workflow from design through to construction.”
The company said the Autodesk 360 for BIM solution is designed to handle multi-discipline models, thousands of drawings, and other project information. It is comprised of:
• Autodesk Vault Collaboration AEC ― Currently available, Autodesk Vault is an on-premise data management solution that lets project teams manage and track digital models without leaving their BIM design tools, including Autodesk Revit Architecture, Autodesk Revit MEP, Autodesk Revit Structure, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Autodesk Navisworks. Complete project documents and content are centrally managed and integrated with enterprise systems like Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint. Integration with the Autodesk Buzzsaw cloud service provides more complete external collaboration and mobile access.
• Autodesk Buzzsaw ― The Autodesk Buzzsaw cloud-based project collaboration solution provides for secure exchange of designs and documents with external partners and distributed teams from any location. Autodesk Buzzsaw Mobile enables users to have the most up to date information, wherever it’s needed. Autodesk Buzzsaw is enabled by Autodesk Cloud technology and integrates with AutoCAD WS for DWG review and edit workflows.
• Autodesk 360 Nexus — Autodesk 360 Nexus, introduced initially for the manufacturing industry, is also planned to support configurable AEC workflow and business process management needs.
For more information, visit www.autodesk.com.
Publication date: 12/26/2011