Trimble's MEP division-focused event is back for a second year as the MEP Basecamp User Conference on Aug. 7-9, 2019 in San Diego, California. The conference — which will bring together mechanical, electrical and plumbing contractors from around the country — includes more than 100 hands-on training sessions for improving workflows and productivity with Trimble solutions.
As for the tone of the event, the theme “Sandcastles to High Rises” says it all.
“Trimble’s MEP technology solutions enable our customers worldwide to meet their increasing project demands with a limited workforce,” says Lawrence Smith, general manager of Trimble’s MEP division. “Our MEP Basecamp event showcases these solutions and provides the MEP industry with the tools and knowledge to help them build smarter and more efficiently than ever before.”
Smith will be a keynote speaker at the event with global technology evangelist, Lynn Allen, and Trimble’s vice president of Buildings, Roz Buick.
For project managers, estimators, foremen and anyone in field personnel across the MEP trades, conference tracks include:
- Estimating, Pricing & Takeoff: A mix of hands-on and in-depth sessions providing greater insight and understanding of Trimble’s innovative estimating and pricing solutions for estimators.
- Design & Fabrication: Targeted at individuals in Computer-Aided Design (CAD), BIM and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) roles across the MEP trades, this track gives designers, detailers and fabricators the skills needed to drive greater confidence in office-to-field workflows.
- On the Job site: Targeted at field personnel across the MEP trades, this track features sessions focused around field layout with robotic total stations, 3D laser scanning and mixed reality technology for more efficient field workflows.
- Planning & Managing: This track provides managers across the MEP trades with the knowledge they need to improve productivity of their business through automation and software.
- Making Waves: With content relevant to everyone involved in MEP, this track will explore “What’s Next” for the MEP industry.
Additional topics to be discussed at the conference include:
- Building Beyond BIM: How to move beyond BIM to a constructible process that combines design, project management and engineering models into a collaboration and data-rich platform.
- Asset Management: How to manage and track tools and materials in real-time to reduce loss and increase productivity.
- Layout: The latest layout technology that brings more accuracy and efficiency to project workflows.
To register for Trimble MEP Basecamp, visit mepbasecamp.trimble.com.
Report Abusive Comment