ASHRAE’s 2019-20 president is Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow Life Member ASHRAE. During his inaugural presidential address, Boyce announced the new Society theme will be “Building for People & Performance. Achieving Operational Excellence.” The theme focuses on overcoming the challenges associated with the efficient operation and performance of buildings. He shared insights into leveraging the latest strategies and innovative technologies to ensure operational success for the people living and working within buildings.
“People must succeed within the buildings we create,” says Boyce. “ASHRAE is committed to preparing building professionals through learning opportunities, engagement and adopting better practices. These are the steps needed to achieve effective operational performance and operator experience.”
Boyce is special advisor to the vice-president (Finance and Administration) at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Elected officers who will serve one-year terms include:
- President-Elect: Charles E. Gulledge III, P.E., Member ASHRAE, HBDP, LEED AP, senior mechanical engineer, Environmental Air Systems LLC, High Point, N.C.
- Treasurer: Michael CA (Mick) Schwedler, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, LEED AP, applications engineering manager, Trane, La Crosse, Wis.
- Vice President: K. William (Bill) Dean, P.Eng., Life Member ASHRAE, regional site operations manager, National Research Council of Canada, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Vice President: Malcolm (Dennis) Knight, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, BEMP, owner, Whole Building Systems, LLC, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
- Vice President: William F. (Bill) McQuade, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, LEED AP, vice president sector services, Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration Institute, New Cumberland, Pa.
- Vice President: Farooq Mehboob, P.E., Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, principal consultant, S. Mehboob & Company Consulting Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
ASHRAE also introduced its newest directors and regional chairs who will serve three-year terms from 2019-22:
- Region IV Director and Regional Chair: Steven (Steve) A. Marek, P.E., Member ASHRAE, design engineer, Steve Marek, P.E., Hanahan, S.C.
- Region V Director and Regional Chair: Douglas (Doug) F. Zentz, Member ASHRAE, associate professor and program coordinator, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Mich.
- Region VI Director and Regional Chair: Richard (Rick) D. Hermans, P.E., HFDP, Life Member, retired, director of training and advanced applications, McQuay International, Lino Lakes, Minn.
- Region XII Director and Regional Chair: Robin E. Bryant, Member ASHRAE, project manager, B&I Contractors, Inc., Fort Myers, Fla.
- Region XIII Director and Regional Chair: Apichit Lumlertpongpana, PhD., P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, managing director, I.T.C. Company, Ltd., Saphansoong, Bangkok, Thailand
Newest directors-at-Large (DALs) include:
- Kelley P. Cramm, P.E., Member ASHRAE, senior technical leader, Henderson Engineers, Lenexa, Kan.
- Jaap Hogeling, PEng., MSc., ME., Fellow ASHRAE, manager, ISSO, Lienden, Netherlands
- Ashish Rakheja, Member ASHRAE, director/chief operating officer, Aeon, Noida, India
Report Abusive Comment