NSPC Reviews Code Changes
September 14, 2001
FALLS CHURCH, VA - The National Standard Plumbing Code (NSPC) Committee reviewed 99 proposed code changes at an August 17 public hearing held here. The 86 code changes accepted by the committee will be included in the 2002 Supplement to the NSPC, scheduled for publication in January 2002.
Some of the key changes adopted were:
- The update of numerous pipe, valve, appliance, and appurtenance standards;
- The addition of trap-priming requirements;
- The addition of new fitting standards for PEX pipe;
- A rewrite of the grease interceptor grease section; and
- Requirements for temperature controls.