People for the Week: 03/12/2001
The society elevated 15 members to the grade of Fellow ASHRAE. Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes distinction in the arts and sciences of environmental technology. The honor is earned through achievement as a researcher, designer, educator or engineering executive. Recipients included:
The ASHRAE Technology Awards recognize outstanding achievements by members who have successfully applied innovative building designs incorporating ASHRAE standards for effective energy management and indoor air quality.
The Technology Award first-place winners are:
Charneux is vice president of operation and coo for Pageau Morel and AssociÃ©s Inc., Montreal, PQ, Canada.
The second-place winners are:
The ASHRAE Student Design Project Competition challenged teams of undergraduate students to develop architectural design, hvac system design or system selection of an educational building for a college campus in Greenville, SC.
In the Architectural Design Category, the recipients are:
In the HVAC System Design Category: the recipients are:
In the HVAC System Selection Category, the recipients are:
– president Paul Goulet, Westburne refrigeration & Hvac Inc., St. Leonard, PQ, Canada;
– vice president Johnnie Drury, Fox Appliance Parts of Atlanta, Inc., Lake City, GA;
– secretary-treasurer Gary Burke, Burke Engineering Co., South El Monte, CA; and
– immediate past president James F. Luce, Luce, Schwab & Kase, Inc., Fairfield, NJ.
Also elected were three new board members, who are:
– Mark Faessler, Progress supply inc., Cincinnati, OH;
– Frank Meier Jr., Meier Suplly Co., Inc., Binghampton, NY; and
– Mark Westphal, Heatcraft Inc., Stone Mountain, GA.
Publication dates 03/12/2001