Geary Pacific has invested in a learning management system (LMS) exclusively for the company. The LMS, made by BlueVolt, has 272 users who take, on average, nearly 12 courses from a catalogue of more than 200 ranging from tutorials on new products to handling customers.
A thermal imaging camera can help HVACR professionals quickly determine the root cause of a problem, identify the faulty component, and provide a level of trust that recommended repairs are indeed required.
Steve Austin is a 22-year-old HVACR technician employed with Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors (MMC) Inc., Eden Prairie, Minnesota, a division of APi Group Inc. Like his bionic namesake, Austin’s hearing is perfect; however, he has no voice.
As one of the owners of Dave’s World – a supplier of modern energy-efficient equipment based in Dover-Foxcroft, Maine – Matt Scott has a longstanding relationship with ductless heat pumps. He encountered his first one while taking a refrigeration course after school and promptly fell in love.
1930's-era Streamline Moderne Building is Future Home of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures
May 21, 2018
Western Specialty Contractors branches in Los Angeles and Seattle are teaming up on a project to restore the historic Saban Building (formerly May Company department store) in Los Angeles —the future home of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
With failing boilers and increasing tenant complaints for more heat, a 32-unit apartment complex in Kingsford, Michigan, required major upgrades to its heating system. High efficiency boilers from Weil-McLain provided the remedy needed as well as significant fuel savings.
Originally built in 1879, The Mackie Building in downtown Milwaukee has a rich history, from serving as the city’s Chamber of Commerce to being The Grain Exchange during the time when Milwaukee was the world’s largest primary wheat market for trading. The large five-story building was designed in an elegant Italianate architectural style, with soaring ceilings, hand-painted frescos and gold leaf adornments throughout the interior spaces.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, each year accidental carbon monoxide poisoning sickens more than 25,000 people in the U.S. and nearly 500 people die annually from exposure to the odorless and undetectable gas. In the desert, the cool months of December, January, and February are typically when most homeowners and their families are vulnerable as gas heaters are used to keep warm.