• The Copper Development Association (CDA) honored Audrey Dubovvy with the Best Copper Project in the mechanical service category at the 2014 United Association’s (UA) International Apprenticeship Competition.
• Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) is seeking applications through Nov. 24 from individuals interested in serving on the Single Family Standards Technical Committee (STC), Multifamily STC, or the Data and Modeling STC.
• ACCA (Arlington, Virginia) released Addendum E to ANSI/ACCA 2 Manual J – 2011, which updates the weather data contained in Manual J.
• RSES (Rolling Meadows, Illinois) awarded CM status to Douglas Goldammer and Paul Murray.
• The Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) reported an 8.5 percent increase in the total estimated sales of HVACR and plumbing-related products, from $528 million in 2013 to $573 million in 2014, based on the September Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH) Market Data Report.
• The Heat Exchange Institute (HEI) released Addendum 1 to the ninth edition of “Standards and Typical Specifications for Tray-Type Deaerators.”
Publication date: 11/17/2014