Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, 7th Edition
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to maintain and troubleshoot today's complex heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems with REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY, 7th Edition. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, this time-honored best seller provides the exceptional hands-on guidance, practical applications, latest technology and solid foundation you need to fully understand today's HVAC service and repair, its environmental challenges, and their solutions. Focused on sustainable technology in today's HVAC/R industry with an emphasis on new technologies and the latest advancements in the industry, the 7th edition has been updated to include more on Green Awareness, LEED accreditation and building performances with two new chapters on Energy Audits and Heat Gains and Losses. This edition covers the all-important soft skills and customer relation issues that impact customer satisfaction and employment success. Memorable examples, more than 260 supporting photos and unique Service Call features emphasize the relevance and importance of what you are learning. Trust Refrigeration and Air Conditioning TECHNOLOGY 7E to provide you with clear and accurate coverage of critical skills your HVAC/R success.
- This book details all of the information your students need on technician certification. The authors introduce all of the key organizations that support both voluntary and mandatory technician certification for the industry.
- With the growing emphasis on Green Awareness and global warming, this book prepares your students with the knowledge they need. The book familiarizes students with key organizations and their present and future goals on how to ensure green buildings and green mechanical rooms throughout the country.
- This edition's expanded section on Career Opportunity includes a comprehensive list of current career opportunities available in today's HVAC/R field.
- To ensure your students have the necessary background and understanding, this edition covers SEER ratings in detail with designated chapters throughout the book.
- Your students see the skills that they've learned put into actual practice. Real technician service calls featured throughout this edition provide a real-world quality to the text and put your students into a service mode of thinking. Students see the relevance and importance of the principles they're learning with these unique applications.
- This book details all of the information you need on technician certification. The authors introduce you to the key organizations that support both voluntary and mandatory technician certification for the industry.
- With the growing emphasis on Green Awareness and global warming, this book prepares you with the knowledge you need immediately and in the future. The book familiarizes you with key organizations and their present and long-term goals as well as insights for ensuring green buildings and green mechanical rooms throughout the country.
- This edition's expanded section on Career Opportunity provides a comprehensive list of current career opportunities available in today's HVAC/R field. You see, first-hand, how the skills you're learning are put into actual practice. Real technician service calls throughout this edition emphasize a service mode of thinking and demonstrate both the relevance and importance of the principles you're learning.
- To ensure you have the background and understanding needed for today's requirements, this book covers SEER ratings in detail with designated chapters throughout.
Now retired from teaching and writing, Bill Whitman has contributed a wealth of academic expertise as well as industry knowledge to this book. Mr. Whitman graduated from Keene State College in Keene, New Hampshire with a bachelor's degree in Industrial Education. He received his master's degree in School Administration from St. Michael's College in Winooski, Vermont. After instructing drafting courses for three years, Mr. Whitman became the Director of Vocational Education for the Burlington Public Schools in Burlington, Vermont -- a position he held for eight years. He spent five years as the Associate Director of Trident Technical College in Charleston, South Carolina. Mr. Whitman was the head of the Department of Industry for Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte, North Carolina, for 18 years.
Now retired, Bill Johnson has taught heating, air conditioning and refrigeration for more than two decades in various technical colleges and factory schools. A graduate of Southern Technical Institute, a branch of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia, he has also served as Service Manager for a major manufacturer for six years. Mr. Johnson owned his own HVAC/R business for 10 years and has been a member of the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society and the American Society of Heating Refrigerating Air Conditioning Engineers. His authoring credits include three major textbooks on the market today as well as their ancillary materials. He also writes a monthly article -- BTU Buddy – that is available online.
John Tomczyk has worked in refrigeration, heating, and air-conditioning service; project engineering; and technical writing consultation for both the academic and industrial fields for numerous years -- enabling him to bring a wealth of experience to this text. He currently serves as Professor of HVAC/R at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan. In addition, he owns Technical Writing Services and is co-owner of Delta T Solutions, Inc. His technical articles have been featured in the Refrigeration News, Service and Contracting Journal, and Engineered Systems Journal. He writes monthly for the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration News and is co-author of an EPA-approved Technician Certification Program Manual. Mr. Tomczyk also is the author of the book TROUBLESHOOTING AND SERVICING MODERN AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS. John Tomczyk earned his associate's degree in HVAC/R from Ferris State University. He earns a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan; a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and his master's in Education from Ferris State University.
Eugene Silberstein has been involved in all aspects of the HVAC/R industry from field technician and system designer to company owner, teacher, administrator, consultant and author. Mr. Silberstein is currently directing and teaching the associate's degree program in HVAC/R at Suffolk County Community College in Brentwood, New York. Mr. Silberstein has previously served as instructor at Apex Technical School in New York City, where he taught classes on basic, domestic and commercial refrigeration, basic electricity and major home appliances, commercial air conditioning and advanced air conditioning topics. He also served as chairman of the Refrigeration Department and educational supervisor of the Refrigeration, Automotive and Welding programs. In addition to teaching post-secondary courses, Mr. Silberstein has taught air conditioning, heating and plumbing at the high school level. He earned dual bachelor's degrees from CCNY in New York City, New York and is a member of several HVAC/R industry organizations. His technical credits include authoring HEAT PUMPS, RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HVAC. Mr. Silberstein has written more than 30 educational videos, test banks and lecture slides for numerous texts. He is currently writing other industry-related books.