- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
Date: Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
Time: 1:00 PM ET (Convert to your timezone)
Duration: 60 minutes, including LIVE Q&A
This webinar offers HVAC equipment engineers a basic review of fan engineering from an energy perspective. Fan terminology, performance characteristics, and fan laws will be presented with emphasis on fan selections that assure high energy efficiency and compliance with applicable codes and standards. The presentation will also include an overview of emerging fan technologies that provide cost and energy benefits to high-performance HVAC systems. Participants will learn to read, interpret, and apply fan performance curves, and how to estimate fan energy usage.
By the end of this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Determine and apply the operating characteristics of a fan using fan curves.
- Estimate the annual energy usage of a given fan application.
- How to right-size a fan for best energy utilization.
- When, and when not, to use the fan laws.
Speaker: Michael Brendel
Vice President, Engineering and Marketing