No doubt about it: When it comes to social media, the “anything goes” mentality kills results. However, there are ways to avoid the “unlike” button while you pile on the results.
“Obviously, contractors are trained to be contractors and not marketers,” says Adams Hudson, president of Hudson Ink. “And no marketing has gotten more attention than social media, yet most contractors spend way too much time on social sites panning for very little results.”
Brian Kraff agrees. “Constant posts and updating can create a drain in your business,” says the CEO of Market Hardware, a provider of contractor web marketing services. “But actually anyone can become a social media expert. It just comes down to two things: who they reach and what content they post.”
But, what should contractors post? Kraff recommends:
• Offer discount codes or coupons on social media pages. Encourage followers to engage or “like” your posts in order to cash in on your discount.
• Create a poll on Facebook. (Example: “What’s the average time it takes for a technician to respond after a call?”)
• Post videos from company leaders (such as “How-Tos” that can save time or money). This builds trust and rapport.
• Post testimonials, company news, community involvement, new awards and certifications, and staff updates.
These types of posts are the minimum social media presence a contractor should have.
Building Your Social Connections
There are many ways to increase page views, reach and impressions. That’s why readers are invited to a one-time only, no-cost training teleseminar called “Skyrocket Your Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day” where Hudson and Kraff will discuss how to tap into social media power now, how to create social media posts that magnetically draw "likes" and "followers," and ways to make social media pay off.
“We’re delighted to share what’s truly working out there in Social Media marketing. Brian has gotten some incredible results, and will give step-by-step ways to copy them. This should be fun,” says Hudson.
All contractors who have the desire to improve their social media results are invited to attend this one-time only training teleseminar. Readers can reserve their spot on the call at www.contractorprofit.com.
All attendees will receive:
• Full Workbook
• Downloadable forms
• Access to Archived Recording (72 hours after call)
• Report: “Build Your Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day”
• Free issue of Market Hardware’s Quarterly Social Media bulletin