Here is how it happens: You tend to get lumped in with roofers, carpenters, masons, and many other trades when people talk about contractors. Nothing against those other trades, they’re great people in their own right. But it is unfortunate that people, especially residential consumers, have a tendency to group all of their experiences into one memory bank.
Again, not to dis other trades, but what other contracting trade can do so much good for people? What other contractor can say these things?
• I CAN improve your indoor air quality.
• I CAN alleviate the mold problem in your building.
• I CAN help reduce your child’s asthma suffering.
• I CAN provide better temperature control.
• I CAN help you be more comfortable in your own home.
This is a powerful profession that you belong to, and you should be very proud of it.
During frequent visits to speak with various industry groups, I often refer to HVAC contractors as “House Doctors.” Spread the good word.