SMACNA Awards Members for Outstanding Safety
December 11, 2006
PHOENIX - The Safety Excellence Award Program winners were announced at the 2006 annual convention for the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA). These awards are given to track the safety history and recognize members for outstanding safety performance. The winners are:
- Over 500,000 hours: University Mechanical Inc. (Tempe, Ariz.), Murphy Co. (St. Louis), and NewMech Co. (St. Paul, Minn.);
- 400,001-500,000 hours: CCI Mechanical Inc. (Salt Lake City), Monterey Mechanical Co. (Oakland, Calif.), and Martin Petersen Co. (Kenosha, Wis.);
- 300,001-400,000 hours: Illingworth Corp. (Milwaukee), Pahor Air Conditioning Inc. (Las Vegas), and Airco Mechanical Inc. (Sacramento, Calif.);
- 200,001-300,000 hours: S.P. McCarl & Co. (Altoona, Pa.), Straus Systems (Stafford, Texas), and Harris & Hart Inc. (Ogden, Utah);
- 100,001-200,000 hours: Mechanical Concepts Inc. (Gary, Ind.), East Muskegon Roofing and Sheet Metal Co. (Muskegon, Mich.), and Niagara Frontier Custom Fabrication (Blasdell, N.Y.);
- 50,001-100,000 hours: Neudorfer Engineers (Seattle), Environmental Heating and Air Conditioning (Oxnard, Calif.), and Winaire Inc. (Huntington Beach, Calif.).
- 25,001-50,000 hours: A & T Heating & Air Conditioning Corp. (Bountiful, Utah), Lackey Sheet Metal (St. Louis), and Environmental Air Services (Folcroft, Pa.);
- 1-25,000 hours: TRI-C Sheet Metal (Cleveland), Gieske Custom Sheet Metal Fabricators (Kansas City, Mo.), and Tri-State Sheet Metal (Keokuk, Iowa).
- Chapter Participation Awards: SMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity, SMARCA of Minnesota, and The Association of Mechanical & S/M Contractors of Kansas.