Renewables Database Survey Yields Responses
June 23, 2008
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - A survey sent to over 900 members in April 2008 about the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) Website’s renewables database, yielded responses from 85 members, with contractors representing just over half of initial respondents.
According to the results, over 90 percent indicated that they were unaware of the database prior to the survey. Sixty members went on to complete the survey with 70 percent satisfied that the database provided useful information about solar and earth energy. Other survey results indicated that:
• 40 percent were interested in coverage of additional renewable/green subjects, such as wastewater recycling/heat recovery and green roofs.
• 60 percent were interested in Website links to other solar and earth energy associations.
• 67 percent showed interested in joint HRAI/renewables events.
• 29 percent are members of a solar/earth energy association.
• 33 percent install or sell solar/earth energy equipment.
The study also revealed that HVACR media sources were identified as participants’ key source for renewables information. The HRAI board of directors will discuss the survey and its results at the next meeting and determine the next steps with respect to the HRAI National Assembly Resolution on the Information Databank on Renewable, Alternative, and Sustainable Energy.
For more information contact Caroline Czajko at 800-267-2231 ext. 234 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 06/23/2008