New ASHRAE Package Provides LEED Tools
September 8, 2008
ATLANTA - With a new product package, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has put the tools for making the most out of a LEED-intended project at contractors’ fingertips. The new package includes three ASHRAE standards frequently used in conjunction with LEED v.2.2. Also included are the Standard 62.1 and Standard 90.1 User’s Manuals and three books from the popular ASHRAE Advanced Energy Design Guide series.
“The ASHRAE Tools for LEED package is an unbeatable source of technical information for creating sustainable buildings,” said W. Stephen Comstock, publisher. “ASHRAE standards have long been a part of the LEED program’s technical requirements, and we are pleased to offer these standards together to best benefit the building industry.”
The full package includes:
• ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2004, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings (I-P edition)
• 90.1-2004 User’s Manual;
• ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2004, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality;
• 62.1-2004 User’s Manual;
• ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 55-2004, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy;
• Advanced Energy Design Guide for Small Office Buildings;
• Advanced Energy Design Guide for Small Retail Buildings;
• Advanced Energy Design Guide for K–12 School Buildings;
• Procedures for Commercial Building Energy Audits.
For more information, visit www.ashrae.org.
Publication date: 09/08/2008