July 15, 2011: Second Annual Contracting Week Set for October
July 15, 2011
ARLINGTON, Va. - The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), in partnership with The NEWS, is holding Contracting Week 2011 at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, Tenn., from Oct. 18-21, 2011.
For the second year, ACCA is bringing together four learning events in one location. Contractors can attend one event, or choose specially-priced packages for two events or the whole week.
Kicking off the week on Oct. 18 and 19 are two new events, the Technology and Business Systems Forum and the Geothermal Contracting Roundtable.
The Technology and Business Systems Forum is a two-day event aimed at contracting business owners, operations managers, office managers, and service and sales managers. According to ACCA, it will offer a variety of sessions led by contractors and experts, explaining in plain-English language what these new tools do, if you should use them, and if so, how to use them right. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
• Improving Profitability: Connecting Technology, People, and Performance
• Redesigning & Upgrading Your Website
• Straight Talk on Technology & Business Solutions
• To the Cloud and Beyond
The Geothermal Contracting Roundtable is a one-day event geared towards businesses that design, install, and maintain geothermal systems. ACCA noted this full-day, interactive learning experience will bring attendees together with the top geothermal contractors and leaders in the industry to share best practices, innovative ideas, and practical solutions. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
• Designing Drilling Fields for Maximum Efficiency
• Selling and Financing Geothermal Systems
• Shrinking the Geothermal Footprint
• Drilling Down Drilling Relationship
On Oct. 20 and 21, the fourth annual National HVACR Service Managers Forum returns with a new series of networking events and seminars led by service managers and contractors from around the country focused on management skills, team development, and lead generation. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
• Are You Maximizing the Value of Each Service and Maintenance Call?
• Timing is Everything! Hiring the Right People at the Right Time
• From Team Member to Boss - Making a Successful Transition
• Creating a Culture of Integrity & Profitability within Your Service Company
The eighth annual Commercial Contracting Roundtable will also be held Oct. 20 and 21. These learning labs focus on the leadership skills needed to succeed in commercial service and sales. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
• The Business of Energy
• How to Enhance the Value of Your HVAC Company
• High Quality/High Performance - How Corporate Culture Impacts Organizational Success
• Foundation for Growing Commercial Service
Registration is now open for all four Contracting Week events at www.contractingweek.com. Specially-priced packages are available allowing participants to sign up for two events or the whole week. Early bird registration, with a $50 discount, is available until July 31.
Publication date: 07/11/2011