ACHRNEWS

Faulty Heat Pump Blamed For Home Fire

October 22, 2004
A heating and air conditioning unit is being blamed for sparking a fire that destroyed a home in Hampton, Va., on October 20.

According to a report on local television news station WAVY News 10, fire officials stated that the fire started in the heat pump. The officials noted that they would be contacting the Consumer Product Safety Commission to see if there have been any reported problems or recalls with the family's unit, which reportedly is a newer model.

No one was injured in the fire.

Publication date: 10/25/2004