ACHRNEWS

Day-Care Center Evacuated Due To CO

August 11, 2004
LUBBOCK, Texas - A day-care center was evacuated in Lubbock due to carbon monoxide (CO) fumes on August 5. All of the children were safely removed. Three staffers were taken to a local hospital with CO poisoning symptoms but were later released.

According to fire officials, the CO fumes were due to a broken ventilation pipe on the building's boiler.

CO detectors in the facility alerted staff members of the problem and led to the successful evacuation.

Publication date: 08/16/2004