Organizations: July 2, 2012
• RSES (Des Plaines, Ill.) announced Randy L. Allen, John M. Clancy, Rafael M. Rodriguez, and Roger A. Wilson attained certificate member status.
• The Alliance to Save Energy (Washington) honored Bruce Oreck, U.S. Ambassador to Finland and chair of the League of Green Embassies, with the Charles H. Percy award for public service.
• Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) will adopt ASHRAE standard 62.2-2010, “Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Low Rise Residential Buildings,” beginning Jan. 1, 2013. The new standard replaces BPI’s current operating standard, ASHRAE 62-89.
• The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) promoted Pete DeMarco to senior director of special services, Lynne Simnick to senior director of code development, and Dave Viola to senior director of technical services.
• North American Technician Excellence (NATE) appointed Denny Smith, Ph.D., as director of certification.
Publication date: 7/2/2012