April 26, 2012: Con Edison Green Team Awards Multifamily Customers and Contractors for Saving Energy
The program has paid out $4.7 million in incentives and helped customers save 7,100 megawatts in electricity and 75,000 dekatherms. In addition, the Con Edison Green Team has completed energy efficiency projects in 600 multifamily buildings and installed free energy-saving measures in 11,000 apartments.
“These customers and contractors are blazing a trail to energy efficiency in multifamily buildings,” said Gregory Elcock, program manager, Con Edison Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Program.
Award winners included:
• Portfolio with Highest Acquired Electrical Savings — Shore Haven Apartments LLC
• Portfolio with Highest Acquired Gas Savings — Lemle & Wolff Inc.
• Building with Highest Acquired Electrical Savings — 2612 Broadway, New York
• Building with Highest Acquired Gas Savings — 2640 Frederick Douglass Blvd.
• Contractor of the Year: Electrical — Riverdale Electrical Services
• Contractor of the Year: Heating — Entech Digital Controls
The Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Program provides financial incentives for approved electric and gas energy efficiency upgrades based on a free energy survey. To participate in the program, buildings must have five to 75 units and an active Con Edison electric and/or natural gas account for the common areas that pays into the Systems Benefit Charge (SBC).
Financial incentives are available for energy efficiency improvements in common areas, including:
• Heating system upgrades to high-efficiency equipment.
• Heating control installation including energy management systems, boiler reset controls, and thermostats.
• Roof and heating pipe insulation.
• Installation of occupancy sensors.
• Premium efficiency motors for pumps and fans.
• Upgrades to high-efficiency central air conditioning.
Additional incentives are available for energy efficiency improvements within individual units.
For more information, visit www.conEd.com/greenteam.
Publication date: 04/23/2012