Bosch Thermotechnology, a division of Robert Bosch North America, announced the launch of a national geothermal awareness campaign today, Earth Day 2015, to raise public awareness and understanding of geothermal heating and cooling and its environmental benefits.
The Book Provides Information to Configure the Most Efficient and Cost Effective Systems
March 16, 2015
ASHRAE has announced a newly published book, Geothermal Heating and Cooling: Design of Ground-Source Heat Pump Systems (GSHP). The publication is a complete revision of Ground-Source Heat Pumps: Design of Geothermal Systems for Commercial and Institutional Buildings, published in 1997.
While the geothermal industry is enjoying the growth, many are focused on 2016, when the tax credits are set to expire. The existing tax credit grants a 30 percent incentive for residential projects and 10 percent for commercial projects.
Aldridge Has More Than 25 Years of Experience in the HVAC Industry
February 20, 2015
LSB Industries Inc. announced that Richard Aldridge has been appointed president of its ClimateMaster Inc. subsidiary, a geothermal heat pump manufacturer and the largest business in LSB’s Climate Control segment. Aldridge previously served as vice president of operations for the Climate Control Business.
Company Helps to Launch Housing Community with Optimum Energy Efficiency
February 5, 2015
Bosch has partnered with Taurus Investment Holdings, a Boston-based real estate development company, to equip a new 7,500 home master-planned net zero community outside Austin, Texas, with geothermal heat pumps, hot water systems, and Energy Star appliances.
Features Geothermal Heat Pump Systems from ClimateMaster
January 6, 2015
ClimateMaster Inc. has announced the groundbreaking of Moore, Oklahoma-headquartered McAlister Construction Inc.’s Avondale residential development project, which will feature geothermal heating and cooling systems across 100 percent of its homes.
Group asks EPA to Recognize Geothermal Heat Pumps in Proposed Rulemaking
December 15, 2014
In building its case for GHPs, GEO emphasized the impact the technology’s efficiency can have on the EPA’s expected mandates and benefits of more widespread use by reducing fossil-fuel consumption, leveling utility loads, and cutting carbon emissions from existing power plants across the U.S.
This Follows the Acquisition of WaterFurnace Renewable Energy Earlier This Year
November 17, 2014
NIBE, which acquired a 10 percent interest in the company in November 2011, announced that it has acquired the remaining 90 percent of North American geothermal heat pump manufacturer Enertech Global LLC.
Tax Benefits Are Extremely Significant for the Commercial Geothermal Heat Pump Market
October 20, 2014
The Geothermal Exchange Organization (GEO) announced that it is actively supporting “tax extenders bills” that are now under consideration by the U.S. House of Representatives and in the U.S. Senate. The bills would reinstate and extend several tax incentives for geothermal heat pumps that expired last year.
Organization Intends to Raise the Profile of Geothermal Heat Pumps
September 8, 2014
In early August, geothermal heat pump (GHP) stakeholders put the finishing touches on the New York Geothermal Energy Organization (NY-GEO) — a new not-for-profit trade association founded by 67 members that promises to increase market penetration and sales across New York state.