- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
“The power of your thoughts can create your attitude,” said Rizzo. “Focusing on being happy will greatly influence your attitude, and once your attitude is right, it is much easier to make everything else right.”
Based on similar stoic principles, Rizzo molded his presentation to encourage people to use humor to make themselves happy.
Rizzo cited a conversation he had with famed comedian Rodney Dangerfield to illustrate the point of what happens to people when they put their happiness on hold. “Rodney told me that being a successful comedian sucked. And, he really meant it. So many people tell themselves that they can’t be happy until they achieve some certain goal. This can keep them from being happy along the way, and often when they get there, they find they still aren’t happy.”
Rizzo told the audience about his three Atti-tools for success.
1. Understand the power of choice. Utilize the power of choice to work for you - not against you. Know that you always have a choice. You may not be able to stop the unexpected from interfering with your plans and dreams. However, you can choose how to respond and you can choose the state of mind you want to be in when the unexpected arrives.
2. Understand the power of your humor being. Utilize the power of your humor being on a daily basis. Know that your humor being is of your higher self. It is the part of you that brings out the best in you when times are tough.
3. Understand the power of your thoughts. Utilize the power of your thoughts to work for you - not against you. Know without a doubt that you are the creator of your thoughts. You have the power to create positive thoughts that can propel you to a healthier outcome.
For more information on Steve Rizzo, visit www.steverizzo.com.
Publication date: 12/01/2008