- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
AEEA reported the following update on the status of various provincial initiatives:
• Efforts by the government to increase energy efficiency in the building code appear to be delayed.
• The government has decided not to introduce an Energy Efficiency Act for the province as it feels the Climate Change and Emissions Management Act provides it with the legislative power needed for energy efficiency efforts.
• The government is working to develop an Energy Efficiency Action Plan. A draft of this plan was initially to be released by the end of 2010. The current timeline is now a release of the draft plan by the end of 2011.
• Productivity Alberta has launched a series of workshops on industrial energy efficiency for small- and medium-sized enterprises.
For more information, visit www.aeea.ca.
Publication date: 02/07/2011