South / Regional Reports

Day-Care Center Evacuated Due To CO

LUBBOCK, Texas - A day-care center was evacuated in Lubbock due to carbon monoxide (CO) fumes on August 5. All of the children were safely removed. Three staffers were taken to a local hospital with CO poisoning symptoms but were later released.

According to fire officials, the CO fumes were due to a broken ventilation pipe on the building's boiler.

CO detectors in the facility alerted staff members of the problem and led to the successful evacuation.

Publication date: 08/16/2004

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to The NEWS Magazine

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2015 HARDI Fly-In

Highlights from HARDI's Congressional Fly-In in Washington, D.C. Post date: May 28, 2015.

Podcasts

NEWSMakers: Kevin Conrad
Kevin Conrad, president, Kevin Conrad Heating and Cooling Inc., Nantucket, Massachusetts, breaks down working in the New England climate, the benefits of insulation foam, and more.


More Podcasts

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 06-29-15 cover

2015 June 29

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Online Reviews

Do you track online review sites like Yelp to look for comments on your company’s performance?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

2015.jpg
2015 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

 

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image
 
Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con