- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The Cleveland, OH, contractor is not only one of the regional winners in The News’ third annual “Best Contractor To Work For” contest, it is the only winner with the majority of its business in the residential market.
Six of the seven winners for 2001 state that the bulk of their market is commercial and/or industrial. Cyngier does 60% of its business in the residential sector, but this still means this winner from the Midwest/Great Lakes region is still involved in the commercial (40%) market.
It should be no surprise that the winners display a strong commitment to their employees by involving them in the decision-making processes and providing outstanding wage and benefit packages. But these contractors went even further by incorporating ongoing training programs, safety education, family-oriented activities, and more.
This issue is dedicated to the winners:
- Northwest/Upper Midwest: Advanced Filter and Mechanical, Puyallup, WA;
- West/Pacific: Mechanical Air Service, San Jose, CA;
- Midwest/Great Lakes: Cyngier Heating and Air Conditioning, Cleveland, OH;
- South/Southwest: YPS, Austin, TX;
- South Mid-Atlantic/Southeast: CMS Mechanical Service Co., Melbourne, FL;
- North Mid-Atlantic: Cox-Powell Corp. and Standard Sheet Metal Corporation, Norfolk, VA;
- New England: Cranney H.V.A.C./ Cranney Companies, Danvers, MA.
Coverage of each is featured in this issue.
Publication date: 02/25/2002