Johnson Controls Products Recognized as Energy Star Most Efficient 2016
York Affinity residential air conditioners and heat pumps earn designation for fifth consecutive year
MILWAUKEE — Johnson Controls announced that two of its York Affinity residential air conditioners and one York Affinity residential heat pump have been recognized as Energy Star® Most Efficient 2016, when combined with the York smart thermostat.
The Energy Star Most Efficient designation is awarded to the most efficient products among those that qualify for Energy Star. This is the fifth consecutive year the York systems have earned this recognition.
“We’re honored to receive this designation, as it further confirms our efforts toward achieving a more sustainable environment,” said Liz Haggerty, vice president and general manager, Unitary Products Group, Johnson Controls. “We’re committed to developing quality products that help consumers save money and most importantly, energy.”
In order to be named Energy Star Most Efficient 2016, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indicates that product features must include:
• Performance levels of up to 20.0 seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) and 12.5 energy efficiency ratio (EER) for cooling and heating performance and 10 heating seasonal performance factor (HSPF) for heat pumps.
• Ability to send and receive information from at least one system controller.
• Automatic configuring of settings appropriate to the controlled equipment.
• Ability to log fault codes and transmit in plain text.
• Capability to provide alerts to homeowners in plain text, including service and maintenance alerts.
These York residential air conditioners and heat pumps meet those criteria and are included on the Energy Star website.
Publication date: 3/11/2016