Dan Burke of Goettl Air Conditioning Honored with Skip Snyder Humanitarian Award
Recognized for his significant contributions to the community and the industry
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — ACCA has honored Dan Burke, chairman of Goettl Air Conditioning, Tempe, Arizona, with the 2016 Skip Snyder Humanitarian Award. The award was presented today as part of a MainStage Session at the ACCA 2016 conference, taking place this week at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
ACCA noted that Burke was a standout candidate for the award due to his significant contributions to the community and the industry. Under his leadership, his company has reached out to positively impact the lives of those in need and for the betterment of nearby communities through a wide range of charitable efforts, including:
• The J. Duncan Goodrich Air Conditioning Technology Endowment, a $100,000 scholarship fund that was established by Goettl Air Conditioning’s managing partner Ken Goodrich in honor of his father at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN). In addition to benefitting students within this program, veterans graduating from this program are able to purchase essential tools to begin working in the HVAC industry.
• Launching a Veteran’s Hiring Initiative for former military servicemen and women seeking employment and interested in starting a career in the HVAC industry.
• Replacing five vandalized air conditioning units at St. Catherine of Siena School.
• Donating and installing two commercial evaporative air conditioners to Max’s Community Closet (a local charitable foundation selling gently-used clothing and household items), and it helped the charity remain open during the hot summer.
• Donating funds and parts, along with other sponsors, to the Foundation for Senior Living for the annual event to fix and maintain evaporative coolers for seniors and low-income families in the community.
• Distributing thousands of cases of bottled water for the homeless.
• Installing a new commercial cooler in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Animal Haven animal shelter, where inmates foster and rehabilitate abused and neglected animals.
“Skip was an iconic leader with a unique passion for life, service to country, and profession,” said Paul T. Stalknecht, ACCA president and CEO. “Dan and his team at Goettl Air Conditioning share the same giving spirit as Skip. They have come together to make a difference in the lives of people in their community regardless of age, race, religious affiliation, or economic status. They have shown compassion and generosity to those who need the most help, which is what this award stands for.”
“I am extremely honored to receive the Skip Snyder Humanitarian Award,” said Burke. “I am accepting this award on behalf of my entire team at Goettl Air Conditioning, because each of them plays a part in our efforts to support our community. We have been given the opportunity and ability to help those who are less fortunate than us. We are humbled by the recognition and hope that we can continue to provide this type of support for many years in the future.”
For more information, visit www.acca.org.
Publication date: 3/10/2016