Murphy Co. Promotes Two to Vice President
The company has also promoted and hired additional talent to further its capabilities
DENVER — Murphy Co., a mechanical contractor serving the industrial, commercial, institutional, and heavy industrial markets, announced that Scott McIntosh and Bradley Vogt have been promoted to vice president. McIntosh and Vogt work closely as leaders of Murphy Co.’s Operations Group.
Bob Mathisen, senior vice president, said, “It’s a great pleasure for me to congratulate both Bradley Vogt and Scott McIntosh as vice presidents with the Murphy Co. Bradley has been with Murphy since 1988 and has been critical to Murphy’s success in the Boulder pharmaceutical community. Brad has also played an important role within our organization helping mentor and grow many of our younger employees that are key to our organization today.
“Scott has been with Murphy since 1993 and has been instrumental in building Murphy’s presence in the Colorado biopharmaceutical, mission critical, and manufacturing industries. His passion for the industry and the creative thinking that he brings to our mechanical work has been a huge benefit to Murphy and our customers.”
In addition, Murphy announced that, during the past 12 months, the company has promoted and hired talent to further its capabilities and customer service in the areas of estimating, project engineering, and project management. New hires and recent promotions include:
• Greg Friess, estimating manager — Returning for a second tour with Murphy Co. and 22 years’ experience in design, engineering, and construction of commercial and industrial piping systems, Friess is a mechanical engineer who is managing the Estimating Group, and handling additional aspects of sales and preconstruction.
• Dan Kaufman, Quick Response project manager — Kaufman has worked in the plumbing, HVAC, and process mechanical industry for 32 years. Since joining Murphy Co., he has contributed greatly to the Quick Response team. This group specializes in projects that are smaller in size and shorter in duration. Kaufman is currently working on a variety of projects in the medical industry, along with light manufacturing, plumbing and HVAC retrofitting projects.
• Mark Meston, operation project manager — Meston has four years’ experience in estimating and managing within the plumbing, HVAC, and process mechanical industry. He has been focusing on managing multiple Murphy projects in the pharmaceutical field since coming on board with the company.
• Justin Pollard, estimator — Prior to his four years of industry experience, both as an estimator and a field pipefitter/welder, Pollard served five years in the Marine Corps. He transitioned to this industry through the Veterans in Piping (VIP) program of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices. He has experience completing jobs requiring critical tie-ins, complex field layout, and high levels of quality control.
• Hayden Rice and Trevor Sundheim, Northern operations project engineers — Rice completed an internship with Murphy Co. and graduated with his construction management degree from Colorado State University (CSU). Sundheim is also a recent graduate of CSU’s Construction Management Program, and both bring several years of experience in scheduling, estimating, value engineering, material and equipment procurement, and contract management in design-build, plan and spec, and owner direct project deliveries. They have joined the newly formed Northern Colorado Operations Group led by Doug Becker. This group performs work in the Northern part of the state along with southern Wyoming, working on several manufacturing and Food & Beverage projects, specializing in breweries, along with multiple projects in the medical and health care industry. Their most notable recent project was an expansion of Woodward Inc.’s new world headquarters in Ft. Collins, Colorado.
Murphy Co.’s services include HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, design-build, design assist, ASME code work, piping fabrication, energy solutions, and 24-hour service. For more information, visit www.murphynet.com.
Publication date: 3/2/2016