HVAC Training Track: Dec. 9, 2013
Sponsoring Organization: Northeast Biomass Heating Conference
Date: April 10, 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Course Description: Taught by industry leader John Siegenthaler, the full-day workshop will feature topics key to the optimal installation of biomass (e.g. wood chip, pellet, and log) boilers for space and hot water heating in residential and commercial settings. It is offered in conjunction with the sixth annual Northeast Biomass Heating Conference and Expo. Topics to be addressed include:
• The importance of hydronics to renewable energy;
• Wood gasification boilers;
• Pellet-fired boilers;
• Thermal storage options;
• Boiler protection options;
• Low-temperature hydronic heat emitters;
• Instantaneous domestic water heating assembly;
• High-efficiency ECM-based circulators; and
• System examples.
Workshop attendees will also receive complimentary lunch and snacks, access to the conference and expo, and may apply for six continuing education units (CEUs). Workshop participation may also be counted toward state annual licensing requirements.
Publication date: 3/3/2014