- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
ARLINGTON, Va. — ACCA has published a new technical bulletin entitled “Ensuring ASHRAE 62.2-2013 Ventilation Compliance for Residential Structures.”
ACCA technical bulletins are provided to members at no cost at http://members.acca.org/download and cover a variety of topics related to system design, installation, and maintenance.
This technical bulletin is important for HVAC contractors who are currently following ASHRAE 62.2-2010, because ASHRAE made major modifications in its 2013 update — ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.2-2013, Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Low-Rise Residential Buildings.
The new technical bulletin covers the changes in three parts:
• Part 1 covers requirements for every new home under construction or for existing homes when HVAC systems are being added.
• Part 2 covers ventilation designs (new and add-on applications) that have variable or intermittent operation.
• Part 3 covers some of the additional considerations that may or may not apply to varied applications.
In addition, there is an appendix that summarizes various mechanical equipment approaches for meeting the ASHRAE 62.2 requirements, and highlights the advantages and disadvantages associated with each approach.
Publication date: 2/24/2014