- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
Forecast temperatures are close to last winter with the Northeast about 3 percent colder and the West 3 percent warmer.
Projected changes in residential expenditures from last winter are:
• 13 percent higher for homes that heat primarily with natural gas;
• 9 percent higher for propane;
• 2 percent higher for electricity; and
• 2 percent lower for heating oil.
Although natural gas expenditures are significantly higher than last winter, they are still lower than the average of the previous five winters (October 2007 – March 2012).
Publication date: 10/14/2013