HVAC Organizations: October 7, 2013
• Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) is seeking comments for its recommended Industry Supply Chain Scorecard Definitions, with a comment deadline of Nov. 10. Informational webinars will be held at 11 a.m. Oct. 11 and Oct. 25.
• The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is seeking comments for proposed rulemaking for walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers energy conservation standards. A public meeting/webinar will be held Oct. 9. The comment deadline is Nov. 12.
• The Institute of Refrigeration (IOR) is seeking nominations for the J&E Hall Intl. Gold Medal for outstanding technical achievements in the refrigeration field. Nominations are due Oct. 15.
• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) announced its Contractor Comfort Index was 66 for August 2013, up from 60 in August 2012.
• The Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA) will hold its “Growing & Developing Service Supervisors Program” Nov. 7-9 in Brookfield, Wis.
• HVAC Excellence (Washington) accredited the HVAC program at Cypress Community College (Cypress, Calif.).
• FMI (Raleigh, N.C.) announced the 2013 Third Quarter Nonresidential Construction Index registered at 60.3, a 0.2-point improvement over the second quarter.
• The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) will hold its 2014 Collective Bargaining Orientation on Feb. 19 in Dallas.
Publication date: 10/7/2013