HVAC Organizations: September 23, 2013
• The Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH) named Matt Wiesenfeld as program manager, responsible for the Canadian Hydronics Council and Plumbing Industry Advisory Council.
• Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) named Lacey Robinson as health benefits consultant.
• The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) will hold its annual meeting Nov. 17-19 at the Ritz-Carlton in Amelia Island, Fla.
• The American Institute of Architects (AIA) announced the Architectural Billings Index was a 52.7 in July, up from 51.6 in June.
• The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is accepting public comments through Oct. 18 on a framework document for energy conservation standards for commercial packaged boilers.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) will hold its ASHRAE IAQ 2013: Environmental Health in Low Energy Buildings conference, Oct. 15-18, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
• The Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) announced members now have free access to 16 model safety programs.
• The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) is seeking comments on the report on proposals for the 2015 editions of Uniform Mechanical Code (UMC) with a Jan. 3 deadline.
Publication date: 9/23/2013