HVAC Organizations: September 16, 2013
• The HVACR Workforce Development Foundation (Arlington, Va.) named Thomas N. Applegate (below, left) and Rosemary Sparks (below, right) to its board of trustees.
• The Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) signed a memorandum of understanding with Energy Efficiency Management Inc. (EEM) to expand the market for BPI’s Building Science Principles Certificate of Knowledge to the real estate community.
• The Healthy House Institute (HHI) and the Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) announced the release of “Quick Guide to Ventilation and Filtration,” a two-page guide to health-promoting solutions for consumers.
• The Environmental Services Association (ESA) will hold a certified mold remediation course Sept. 26-27 in Cinnaminson, N.J. The cost is $475.
• RSES (Rolling Meadows, Ill.) awarded CM status to David C. Christensen, Robert S. Delange, Andrew R. Boilea, Pasquale Mirabelli, and Brendan Myers. John G. DeGhetto achieved CMS status.
• HVAC Excellence (Washington) granted another six-year accreditation to Dunwoody College of Technology’s (Minneapolis) HVAC program.
• Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) manager of codes and standards Luis Escobar (right) was appointed to the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials’ (IAPMO) 2015 Uniform Solar Energy & Hydronics Technical Committee, serving in the research/standards/testing lab interest category.
Publication date: 9/16/2013