Organizations: August 5, 2013
• HVAC Excellence (Washington) granted accreditation to Central New Mexico Community College’s (Albuquerque, N.M.) HVAC program.
• The Construction Labor Research Council (CLRC) reported wage and fringe settlements this year have resulted in an average first-year increase of 2.2 percent, up from 2 percent in 2012.
• The Construction Marketing Association (CMA) is seeking entries for its annual Construction Marketing Star and Construction Marketer of the Year awards with a deadline of Sept. 6.
• Women in HVACR (Damascus, Md.) will hold its 10th annual conference Sept. 16-17 in Philadelphia.
• Pearson Publishers (Atlanta) released the book “Electricity for HVACR,” written by Joe Moravek.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) extended the deadline for papers for the “Efficient, High Performance Buildings for Developing Economies” conference to Aug. 16.
• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) will host the Building Performance Forum on Oct. 1-2 in Austin, Texas.
• The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) will hold its fall technical conference Sept. 26-28 in Atlanta.
Publication date: 8/5/2013